If you or someone you know becomes fearful, anxious or distressed at dental appointments then our conscious sedation options might be the answer.
Our range of sedation options includes: nitrous oxide, midazolam, general anaesthetics, and we also now offer in-chair intravenous (IV) sedation. Our visiting sedation practitioner visits our practice every 8 weeks, providing IV sedation as required, with the procedure involving administering an anti-anxiety drug into the blood stream during dental treatment. The effect of IV sedation is one of a relaxed and amnesic state, with the patient calm and conscious.
IV sedation is useful for dental patients who:
- have difficulty getting numb
- have a strong gag reflex
- need complex and long dental procedures
- require surgical procedures such as wisdom teeth removal or implant surgery.
What do you need to do in preparation?
- fasting instructions will be given by Dr Colin prior to your appointment
- talk to our staff about your quote and financial requirements
- arrange an escort home and someone to remain with you for 24 hours following the procedure
- arrive 1/2 hour prior to your appointment time
- do not operate machinery, drive, conduct financial transactions or make important decisions after the procedure.
Call us today to find out more about our anxiety management options: 6331 3364.